Time & Location
Dec 22, 2022, 5:00 PM – Jan 02, 2023, 11:00 AM
San Cristóbal de las Casas, carretera 190 tuxtla - san cristobal de las casas, San Nicolás km. 76, 29353 San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chis., Mexico
About the event
10-day Silent Hridaya Meditation Retreat
The retreat was specifically created to guide people in coming to an intimate understanding of what Self-Enquiry meditation is in order to experience the inner transformation that it brings. The program aims to create an experience resembling a Solitary Retreat (as in a cave), in order to provide the opportunity to reach Deep States of Consciousness, kindle intense Aspiration for the Divine, and arrive at the highly focused interiorization that enables the Opening of the Heart. This method is a unique integration of Advaita Vedanta, Sufism, Tantra, and Dzogchen. In the advanced stages of practice, all paths of authentic spiritual traditions meet harmoniously and merge into the same Ineffable Reality.No previous meditation or yoga experience is necessary as this retreat is designed for beginners and advanced meditators alike.
*We reserve the right to ask participants (before/after the deposit is paid) to have a call/video call with us and to cancel the booking (with a full deposit refund) in case we consider that this particular person may not be ready for the retreat.
Check-in and Check-out
Note that the check-in takes place on the 22nd of December from 15:00 onwards. After dinner, we will have a welcome and an obligatory information session. Silence starts the next day at 7:00. The check-out will take place on the morning of January 2nd.
This retreat features Guided Meditations, Lectures, and Practical Tools including:
- Ramana Maharshi’s Atma Vichara method of introspection (Who Am I?)
- Techniques to still the mind using Breath Control
- Study of the symbolism of the Spiritual Heart
- Methods of passing from individual consciousness to Cosmic Consciousness
- Methods of Self-centering in daily life
- A proper understanding of Advaita Vedanta’s fundamental tenets
- Hatha Yoga sessions in a special spiritual style
- Other Yogic Methods that approach the issue of the Spiritual Heart
- Sacred Poetry
- The four fundamental stages in the process of the revelation of the Spiritual Heart
- Advice for maintaining awareness in the Spiritual Heart in the tradition of the Fathers of the Desert (from Christianity)
- Daily special Meditations on themes connected with Self-revelation
- The Christian method of the Prayer of the Heart
“I searched for God and found only myself. I searched for myself and found only God.” Rumi
Price & Food & Accomodation
- Course Fee - 350USD
- Meals (3/day per 10 days + dinner on the arrival day) - 195 USD
- Accommodation per 11 nights:
- Option #1*: a single bed in a dorm (bunk bed - 2-4 pers. per room): 165 USD --> TOTAL AMOUNT: 710USD
- Option #2*: a single bed in a twin room with a shared bathroom: 253 USD --> TOTAL AMOUNT 809USD
- Option #3*: a single bed in a twin cabin with a private bathroom: 297 USD --> TOTAL AMOUNT 842USD
- *you can check the pictures of accomodation options here.
TO RESERVE YOUR SPACE, A DEPOSIT OF 100USD IS REQUIRED,
The remaining balance is to be paid in cash in Mexican Pesos upon arrival.
Join waiting list
Waiting list for accomodations on site
Single bed in a male twin room
A single bed in a twin room with a private bathroom 100 USD deposit 100 USD Total: 843 usd 297 USD (accomodation x 11 nights) + 195 USD (meal plan) + 350 USD (course fee )